We currently have the following position available:
Construction Materials Quality Controller
- Pivotal Procurement Administration role, 2 year fixed term contract
- New Zealand’s biggest irrigation project
- Unique and dynamic opportunity
Experienced Materials Coordinator needed to support our Construction team on NZ’s largest irrigation project and help change the face of Canterbury farming.
Central Plains Water Limited was established in 2003 to create a 60,000 hectare, $450m community irrigation scheme on the Central Canterbury Plains. Our goal is to provide reliable and cost effective water to the Canterbury Plains, while creating sustainable value for shareholders, local community and the environment. The first 20,000 Ha stage of the scheme is now complete and operational and we’re about to commence construction on the next 25,000 Ha stage of the scheme ($250m).
Based on site in Darfield and working alongside our Construction team, this role will be responsible for developing and undertaking administrative support processes necessary to ensure delivery of the project materials and plant to time, and quality requirements.
Key Deliverables include:
- Reviewing drawings/maps/technical specifications and relaying comments to appropriate parties
- Maintaining Quality Management procedures including ensuring technical certifications are received and filed appropriately
- In conjunction with the Construction Managers, co-ordinate the Principals Technical requirements with the Contractor to ensure compliance with the Contract Standards
- Document organisation in the project job files
- Communication with site managers to ensure that they are working to the correct project specifications.
- Administrative support to the contracts management team; producing and amending programmes as required
- Ensuring Operation and Maintenance warranties and As-Built documentation are provided by the Contractor and filed appropriately as progressed
- Ad hoc administration regarding the Contracts
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate records of construction progress, issues and problems
- Relevant Construction Qualification (Trade, NZCE, BE)
- 3-5 years in a construction procurement administration role
- Document control experience
- Complex administrative process experience including liaison with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of technical quality management documentation
- Demonstrated an ability to efficiently manage the flow of internal and external correspondence
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- A demonstrated track record of achievement in a role of relative scope and size is also essential.
This is a unique opportunity to progress your career by being involved in a greenfield project and history in the making. We’ll be assessing applications as they arrive, so if you’re interested don’t hesitate, apply now by sending your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
To view the full Position Description, please click on the following link:
To discuss this opportunity further please contact Sarah Barnes 021 860 629